Prepared by: Dana Asche
Ramsey Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community that is committed to meeting their residents’ interests and needs at every level of care. The area of opportunity for the campus was the Residential Care Facility (RCF) due to lack of traffic and education regarding the benefits of RCF vs. AL.
The Bild Approach
The Bild system was in place for follow up with new inquiries but the solution was to implement the follow up process with all relationships, focusing on internal and external support:
- Created a personalized experience for all short term rehab and respite stays to build the relationship with the resident and sharing this with the family
- Consistent follow up with prospects/families
- Skills developed to ask difficult and personal questions
- Increased weekly follow up calls by 25% – went from 100 call outs to 125 weekly
- Consistent referral source visits to identify/match their needs
- Provided education to professionals and focused on the affordable option for patients admitted to the hospital under observation allowing to use Medicare Part B benefits and the positive benefits of RCF compared to AL for some patients
Our ongoing focus consisted of weekly training calls to support the team and to create an experience for every resident and guest at Ramsey Village. They have celebrated a growth of 12% in RCF.
“I feel that Bild has given us support by sharing the follow up process. Learning to gather additional information to access a needs matching experience to review the RCF community as an option to families.”
Sharlynn Watkins, Director of Marketing at Ramsey Village Continuing Care Retirement Community
“Working with Bild has helped our IL and RCF areas significantly. Learning how to start difficult conversations and take control of those conversations has helped increase turnaround time for admissions and increased our admissions overall.”
Angie Boyd, Community Relations Director at Ramsey Village Continuing Care Retirement Community
Des Moines, Iowa